Mint Automatic Floor Cleaner Review
Uncensored Mint Automatic Floor Cleaner Review
You’re reading my uncensored review of what I really thought about the Mint automatic floor cleaner from Evolution Robotics. The GOOD, the BAD and maybe some UGLY as well, it’s all here.
I’ll let you decide at the end.
Note that this a review though, if you’re looking for the Mint Automatic Floor Cleaner website then click here.
So what exactly is the Mint automatic floor cleaner and why would you want one?
The Mint automatic floor cleaner is made by Evolution robotics and was released into the busy robotics market in 2010. It really doesn’t have any competition as most of it’s closest relatives are the range of robotic vacuum cleaners such as the iRobot Roomba 560 and Neato XV-11.
The Mint 4200 floor cleaner carves it’s niche in the hard floor cleaning niche, because it is only capable of cleaning hard floor surfaces and not carpets. It is often described as an automatic Swiffer robot. I’m sure that most of you are acquainted with the Swiffer cleaning mops that are regularly advertised on television, now imagine a robot that can take the place of the mop but use those same pads.
Because the Mint floor cleaner doesn’t have a vacuum pump the costs and noise are kept to a minimum which means that those people that have homes that are not carpeted can now afford a cleaning robot.
What sort of floor surfaces can it clean?
The Mint automatic floor cleaner is not a robotic vacuum cleaner and cannot clean over carpets. It has been designed specifically to clean, sweep and mop hard floor surfaces such as hardwood flooring, tiled surfaces, terrazzo, laminate, vinyl, concrete etc.. Basically any hard floor that is flat and level.
Main Features of the Mint Automatic Floor Cleaner
I’ll not go into too much depth in this particular review concerning the features and specifications of the Mint 4200 hard floor cleaner as this site covers that in other sections. You can read all of the points over at Mint floor cleaner features and the Mint automatic floor cleaner specifications.
Just to touch on the main features briefly.
The Mint automatic floor cleaning machine features state-of-the-art guidance systems. The Northstar Navigation system works by projecting two infra-red beams onto the ceiling of the room from a small transmitter cube which the Mint cleaner then sees and uses to map the layout of the room. This is combined with various sensors on the unit itself such as gyroscopes, wheel sensors and edge sensors to completely map the room it is sweeping and avoid obstacles.
What’s in the Box ?
What can you expect inside the box when you order a Mint remote floor cleaner?
Well, apart from the Mint automatic floor cleaner itself, you get the NorthStar Navigation Cube with 2 C batteries, 2 dry sweeping microfiber cloths, 1 wet mopping microfiber cloth, power adapter, quick start guide, user manual. Backed by a 1 year warranty.
Remember that it does require 14 hours of charging before you can start to clean floors with it.
First the good points of the Mint auto floor cleaner and there are several.
- The obvious one is that the Mint automatic floor cleaner takes care of the mundane job of cleaning the floors. I don’t know anyone that enjoys this task and not just because it’s boring but because it’s dirty, time consuming and makes you break out in a sweat.
- Image not having to keep bending down to clean under your furniture, it bad on your knees, strains your back and although the youngsters out there may not notice, you’ll know what I’m talking about if you’re a little older and wiser.
- It really is whisper quiet. Not like a robotic vacuum cleaner with it’s powerful and noisy vacuum system. With the Mint cleaner you can take a nap and not be disturbed.
- Once it’s setup the Mint electric cleaner will happily go about its floor cleaning without intervention. You may have to watch it the first couple of times just to make sure that there are no tricky obstacles around the room, but once you are satisfied with it’s capabilities you can leave it alone. Image coming back from work or waking up in the morning to a clean room. The bliss.
- The cleaning pads are easy to change (the base plate is magnetic and releases in seconds) and as the Mint free floor cleaner is built around the readily available Swiffer and Pledge disposable cleaning cloths you know that they are readily available in your local store.
- Using the disposable cleaning pads there is very little mess. Just pull then off and throw them in the trash. No mess, clean hands.
- If you don’t want to use the disposable pads then you can swap them for the machine washable microfiber dusting and mopping cloths. They are Eco friendly and will last for a long time.
- The Main body of the Mint cleaner is very low profile and will fit under most furniture including sofas and coffee tables.
- The square design of the Mint allows it to clean right up to the edges and corners of your room.
The Mint electric floor cleaner is not perfect but maybe it’s because we expect so much from something that’s so small. There is still a degree of manual labor required to get the unit operating.
- It still has to be charged manually. By this I mean that you have to physically plug the Mint auto floor cleaner into the recharging unit. It is not like some of the robotic vacuum cleaners, such as the iRoomba, that can locate its remote station and go and re-charge itself. Evolution Robotics state that they designed it this way because it was never the meaning that the robot would remain on the floor indefinitely. It should be put away in a closet for it’s protection.
- When in Wet mopping mode the unit is capable of removing light stains but because it is light it does not have the weight behind it to really scrub the floors like a human.
- Whilst the sensors are advanced they can still become ‘confused’ by their surroundings especially around the edges of rugs and carpets. But, to be honest, this is true of all the remote floor cleaners on the market today.
- As the Mint automatic floor cleaner relies upon the remote navigation box to position itself it must remain within the range of the infra-red beams that are projected onto the ceiling of the room. It will still clean effectively as long as it can see the ‘glow’ of the beams but once it is out of the same room as the Northstar navigation unit it will not operate as well. This means that you should plan to move the navigation unit between rooms when cleaning. The navigation unit is battery operated so it is easy to reposition.
Mint Floor Cleaner Video Review
I’ve found a very informative video clip of the Mint automatic floor cleaner. It’s just over 3 minutes long but it does give you a great look at the mint cleaners capabilities.
I love the way that it navigates around the room to cover every single area of the floor and it even backtracks later on if it thinks that it missed a section.
The video also shows how easy it is to replace the Mints cleaning cloths.
For more great video reviews I’ve made up a dedicated review page for you. Just click here for Mint automatic floor cleaner video reviews.
A Final word on the Mint Automatic Floor Cleaner
Whilst the Mint floor cleaner may not be for everybody’s home it is certainly an attractive proposition to those that hardwood or hard floor surfaces. It has been marketed to a specific niche of the robotic floor cleaning market and whilst it is not perfect it does perform it’s cleaning duties very well. There are very few negative comments on the Mint 4200 from people who have bought it.
The robot is a bumper-bot which means that it senses objects in it path when it bumps into them, so whilst the Mint is very quiet itself you may have to get used to the occasional bang as it knocks into a piece of furniture.
It is great for picking up pet hairs so if you have and cats or dogs around the home then it can save you a lot of work.
An electric floor cleaner is not a replacement for cleaning services and you still will need to get your hands dirty every now and again but with the Mint floor cleaner the number of times that you’ll need to clean yourself will be greatly reduced.
Where to Buy the Mint Automatic Floor Cleaner ?
If you are looking to get the lowest price and best discount on the Mint automatic floor cleaner then you can’t go wrong with Amazon, just click here Mint Automatic Floor Cleaner Deals.
Incoming search terms:
- remote floor cleaner
- mintautomaticfloorcleaner com
- automatic floor cleaner
- MintAutomaticFloorCleanerReview Rebates
- mint automatic floor cleaner coupons
- mintcleaner com
- MintAutomaticFloorCleanerReview Rebates&Coupons
- automatic floor cleaner_Mint Automatic Floor Cleaner Review Rebates & Coupons